Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gradually changing your diet/lifestyle

This blog is not about changing your weight overnight, going on some killer fad diet, or losing weight instantly.  It is about changing your diet and work out routine gradually to live a happier healthier lifestyle.  In my opinion, fad diets are just that...A FAD!  So many people today avoid what really works.  Simply eating healty and being active.

You don't have to join the gym tomorrow and cut out every fattening food you have ever eaten.  If you do this, the routine won't last long because it will burn you out.

As far as working out, yes, you should really be doing physical acivity at least 5 times a week, but it can be as simple as taking a bike ride with your family or taking a hike.  Change your routine up a bit so you will enjoy it rather than look at it as a chore.  That is where that pedometer comes in. Seeing that the recommended amount of steps a day is 10,000,if you haven't gotten to that number, you will feel motivated to walk a few laps around the block or go up and down your stairs several times.

Regarding diet, you can gradually start eliminating or replacing certain foods. For expample, I went to a cook out at my parents a week ago. I knew it would be filled with hot dogs, burgers, chips, dips, sugary drinks, desserts, etc. So, I decided to bring some of my own foods so I could still enjoy the day, but also east somewhat healthy. I brought my own chicken burgers and eliminated the bun. I bought some orgnaic low fat chips with minimal sugar. In addition, I brought peaches and grapes for everyone to munch on. Instead of drinking soda or sugary juices, I brought flavored water. They have no sugar, but you do have to watch the sodium in them.

All in all, I was still able to eat good food and not look like a crazy woman on a strict diet. It's all about moderation.

Slowly (not to slowly though) start to substitue some better foods for the junky foods. Eat a little less each day. You don't have to have multiple servings. Drink WATER!! This will help curb your appetite plus has many other benefits I have mentioned HERE. Leave the junk food out of your house. If it isn't there, you won't be tempted to eat it.

Have a great day....
Lisa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will be more than happy to answer your questions.....