Monday, June 13, 2011

Drinking water and the pedometer

Here we go....I know many of you aren't going to like to hear this, but.....no more coffee (ugh, I can feel the glares and cussing going on at me right now), or sugar juices, soda, alcohol, etc.....

We are drinking water! Keep a water bottle with you at all times and continue to fill it and drink it throughout the day. It is such a positive thing for so many reasons.

1.  There are no calories...
2.  There is no sugar
3.  It assists with weight loss by reducing hunger and flushing down the byproducts of fat breakdown.
4.  Prevents dehydration
5.  Fuels your muscles for a more productive work out
6.  Hydrates your skin, thus giving you a healthier glow.

I could go on and on with reasons, but I don't want to overwhelm you.  These are what we are going to concentrate on for now.

Now, onto the pedometer.  For those of you who don't know what one is, it measures the amount of footsteps you take on a daily basis.  The recommended amount of steps per day is 10,000.  If you aren't even close, you know you have to get up off your butt and do more!

You can pick these up rather inexpensively.  You can get a very detailed one, or simply just get one that counts your steps you have achieved for the day.  In my opinion, a pedometer is more of a motivator.  It will push you to take the next step (literally) towards weight loss or simply a healthy lifestyle.

I hope I didn't  fill you with to much information today.  NO, I am not saying you can never have an alocholic beverage again.  I am just saying that if you have that glass of wine every night, you should stop...(ouch, I can feel the glares again)....I am definitely saying though that the coffee drinking and caffeine from soda has to stop.  Right now you feel as though you need it to get you through the day, but you don't....The water, working out, and healthy eating will substitute the caffeine kick you feel you need.  I personally do not drink any caffeine at all.  For that one time a year that I do drink it, I suffer from severe headaches the next few days and can't fall asleep for MANY hours after drinking it.  It just isn't worth it when there are alternatives to pepping yourself up for the day.

REMEMBER, we are having our first linky party this Friday.  You will be posting your before photos along with your starting weights.  If you are uncomfortable with this, just post your starting weight along with some information about yourself and some goals you'd like to achieve.  This will be your starting point. 


I will have diet and work out plans ready by tomorrow.  I mentioned in my first post, I will provide 30 days of workouts and 30 days of daily meal plans for $10 a month. Or, you can sign up for 6 months for $40.  It is truly the least expensive "gym" you can join and mom nutrionist you can hire.

Take care,
Lisa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will be more than happy to answer your questions.....