Friday, August 5, 2011

The dilema of fitting workouts in

Remember, my blog is written for those who put themselves second, can't find time to fit a workout in, or simply don't have the money for a pricey fitness center.

Before I had kids, I either worked in gyms or had memberships to gyms. I never had a problem fitting a workout in. Now, three kids later I don't have time to get to the gym nor is it in the budget.

That being said, I do not neglect myself though. I may not be able to fit in a two hour workout, but if I can at least fit in 30 minutes, I know that is better than nothing and I take full advantage of it.

If you have kids, a great time to get a walk or run in is during sport warm ups or practices. In my case, it is a waste of time and gas for me to be constantly running the kids back and fourth.

So, here are some examples of what my summer has consisted of....

The kids had swim team practice every morning for an hour and fifteen minutes. I am sure to wear my sneakers and bring my iPod. I either walk the track or switch it up and walk some side streets. I mix it up daily to break up the monotony. If I am on the track, I alternate walking and running. If I am walking side roads, I am sure to find some roads with hills to get a good ol' butt workout.

Several nights a week, we also have baseball. Rather than sitting through the hour warm-up, I find some side roads or walking paths. Reece had a home game the other night and we are lucky enough to have a great walking path along the river and around the fields.





I fit in as many laps as I can until the game starts. The only problem with this path is that every few steps there are resting benches...But, I am sure to just keep on walking or running right past them!





So, remember...NO EXCUSES! We should all be able to find time to fit something in!

Have a great and productive weekend!

Lisa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will be more than happy to answer your questions.....